Inspired by this movement, choreographer Martine van Santen, the dancers of Dance in Art and I as a filmmaker combined our strengths. We’ve made a short dance film where we follow different characters who go through a certain phase that a #metoo victim has experienced. Including spoken texts that are written and inspired by #metoo victims that guide you through these phases: innocence, violence and silence.
I’m so proud of this incredible project that we created, thanks to the amazing crew and crowdfunding. Filming and dancing at a horse riding school, the dunes, shops in the city and underwater is not a daily activity, so I’m very grateful the team joined me in this adventure. Hopefully you can watch this film with these strong dancers and touching choreography soon.
The film has been selected and won awards, but due to the coronavirus still has to be officially premiered in the Netherlands. We’ll keep you posted.
- Short Film Factory (New York, Boston, New Orleans, Chicago, San Diego and San Francisco) – Award Winner
- Paris Play Film festival (Parijs) – Award Winner Best Dance
- LAFA (Los Angeles) – Award Winner
- Lady Filmmakers Festival (Beverly Hills)
- New Renaissance (Amsterdam)
- Experimental Dance Music Film Festival (Toronto)
- Frostbite Indie Fest (Colorado)